First days

18:03

        After a few days, I am finally starting to get hold of Brussels.
It was quite difficult at first, I suppose it was a bit of a shock when coming straight from Liverpool. It has been raining on and off since I arrived, which to be fair was not that displeasing, just used to it. But Brussels seems odd at first. The city is not that big, but it felt disorientating to me. Loads of tiny streets going in any possible ways, shops and restaurants looking all alike. I guess I was also tired by my flights the day before.
So I treated myself with some white wine at the brassery of one of the Royal Museums of Fine Arts located near the Place Royale. And when looking by the window at the sun alternating with showers, I thought that it was not that bad. Brussels is a pleasant city to go around. It just give the impression of not opening up.

After my meal, the queue at the Museum looked quite long, I decided to start with the Musical Instruments Museum just around the corner, showing every family of instruments from all around the world.

 










Next step was of course going back to the Royal Museums of Fine Art.





There is currently an exhibition on Kandinsky, that I took the opportunity to look at, and really enjoyed. Mixing his paintings with art works from Russia and quotes from Kandinsky, it gives a different insight into his life at the time.



You Might Also Like

2 commentaires