Goodreads - February 201520:49
My apologies for the lack of news, I had a bad case of flu. I am still feeling a bit under the weather, but I am getting better.
I am so late with this message, so here we go. Goodreads Challenge - February 2015.
- Treasures of China: The Glories of the Kingdom of the Dragon by John Chinnery
- The Rise and Fall of Ancient Egypt: The History of a Civilisation from 3000 BC to Cleopatra, by Toby A.H. Wilkinson
All of that to say, this book gave me a lot to think about.
- Women in Ancient Egypt by Gay Robins
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
It is not the kind of literature I usually go for, which is why I am doing this challenge. I watched the mini series with Colin Firth and quite enjoyed it, I thought I could try to read Pride and Prejudice. And how glad I am I did. It took me only a bit of time to get used to the language, Jane Austen's way of writing flows so easily I did not struggle at all. No struggle and all fun. I was so happy, it was such a great plot. Nothing far-fetched or cliché, and so many well-developed characters, especially the women. Also a great hindsight into England in early 19th century.
- Babylon: Mesopotamia And The Birth Of Civilization by Paul Kriwaczek
- The Aeneid by Virgil
The book overall just fell so unbalanced and drained.