Goodreads - April 2015

17:04











  • The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen. As I used to watch Rizzoli & Isles, I was quite curious to see how the books were. I was somehow disappointed. There was always something bothering me. I found the murder story interesting, but... So many buts? I think the main problem is how she writes women. Men are allowed to have so many different personalities but women always fall into one personality, the one that needs a man. You know after all, why not, but there is no reason behind, it just makes it normal to need a man, without one you are not fulfilling your womanhood. The worst part is that this happens only in tiny bits, so you can easily shake them off, at least at first. But one after another is quite unsettling, it makes you doubt everything. For a better understanding, this review explains everything.

Gilmore Girls Challenge
  • The Divine Comedy by Dante. I struggled so hard and for so long. Word after word I was so confused. A few cantos still caught my eyes though, especially the first 8 and 23. But otherwise, I was quite lost. I don't know if the translation just did not do it justice, but what I read about The Divine Comedy did not match what I red. 

Penguin Little Black Classics.
  • The Fall of Icarus by Ovid. I had quite a great time reading it as I went back to all mythologies stories read and heard during my time learning latin. My only problem was that there is no conducting thread between the stories. We just jump from one character to another without any warning and without hearing back from them.
  • Goblin Market by Christina Rossetti. I never read any poem from her before, so I was quite worried. But it was somehow so easy to follow her words? It was so dark and surprising. I would probably need another read to really grasp everything, but I enjoyed it. It was also an interesting way to write about death and loss. My favourite poem was An Old-World Thicket.
  • Anthem for Doomed Youth by Wilfred Owen. I was waiting for my dad who was watching exams, and got this book out of my bag. Boy I read it from beginning to end in one go! Words were flowing, powerful and meaningful. It was perfect.



You Might Also Like

0 commentaires