Goodreads - May 2015

15:32




Quite a unlucky month of reading :(
  • The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen. I wanted to try reading another book from the Rizzoli & Isles series, as Mara Isles is in this one. I loved her character in the series, so I was quite curious to have a look at her book version. I was disappointed again, I was really hoping it would change my view on Tess Gerritsen series. I suppose I was just expecting to find the series Isles too much.
    The story line could have been quite interesting if only it did not focused so much on the love stories. Any crime books I read those days have one or more love stories in it and I just can't anymore. I don't know, it is a crime book, that story line should be the same one, but in this book it was not.
    Lastly, I found the characters, well.... out of characters. Their actions and words were different from their descriptions, it just did not fit.
  •  The Ice Princess by Camilla Läckberg. I found the two main characters, Erika and Patrik, quit unlikeable. So I must admit from there, it was not looking good. I could have stop reading it indeed, but I had quite a run of unfinished books this month that I really wanted to finish one. I liked another book from Camilla Läckberg, so I thought I might as well try to see where this one would bring me.
    Again here, a love story. I guess there it was necessary for the rest of the series, but it felt so unrealistic and unsettling.
    Another difficult point was the constant change of point of view. It can be quite interesting to get the story from different point of views, but the way it was handled there did not work for me. It made all the story lines and the investigation confusing and hard to follow.
    Last point, the investigation. Every time a clue was found, every time, you had to wait a few pages if not more to know what it was exactly. How frustrating.


Penguin Little Black Classics.
  • A Slip Under the Microscope by H.G. Wells. Two short stories to read in this book. They were both pleasant to read, but that was about it. Something was definitely missing to uplift them.

PS: I seem to have lost the original photo? My apologies!

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires